Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Northern Lights in Arkansas?

So last night in the Ozarks the northern lights were very active. While I lay in my bed asleep many Arkansans were out viewing what I have been trying to view for several years. Early in the evening I did notice that it was a very clear night and went out and viewed some stars, but little did I know the show that was in store just a few hours away.

Arkansas photographer Brian Emfinger was alerted to the northern lights by SpaceWeather.com's aurora alert. "I ran out and put my camera out and immediately saw reddish aurora," he wrote. "I ran out into the field, and within a few minutes the aurora went crazy!"

Topping my bucket list is viewing the northern lights. Above the Super Bowl, BCS Championship, meeting Halle Berry. To miss something like this in my own backyard is pretty disheartening. Maybe next time…



Here are some pics I found on the web:

No comments:

Post a Comment